Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Fave Products: Lip Stuff

This Fave Products category will revolve around some of my all-time favourite products.

My go-to lip gloss is Nars' Turkish Delight. It is a frosty pink sorbet colour. Words can't describe how much I love this gloss. It pretty much goes with any makeup look you're doing. It's not runny and you don't notice the scent at all. You can get Turkish Delight at Sephora for about $24. The colour lasts longer if you apply a lipstick underneath. I like to use Mac's Angel (available at Mac, $14).
 



Now for a great nude gloss, I like Mac's Tinted LipGlass in C-Thru ($14 at Mac). This colour is described on their website as a soft peached-beige with shimmer, although I didn't notice the shimmer much. Again, a nude gloss can go with pretty much any makeup look you are doing.


A good nude lipstick is Belle de Jour from Sephora, which is described as a sheer nude beige.



Another great shade of lipstick from Mac is Russian Red. It is a great classic red colour.

I have gone through a bunch of different lip balms and the best one I've ever tried is Carmex. That's right! 99 cent Carmex is moisturizing enough yet won't slide off your lips and clog pores. Available at any drugstore.



Also, for a flavoured lip balm, I really like Dylan's Candy Bar's Lip Saver in Coconut ($4).





My favourite drugstore lipstick is Revlon Super Lustrous. They are inexpensive, have a good variety of colours and won't dry out your lips.
  


Finally, a good product to remove lipstick and any residue it may leave on your lips is Maybelline Superaway Lipcolor Remover.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to post any questions, comments, concerns or constructive criticism!